A Tender New Zealand Christmas - Seth's first!

Well, it is technically Seth's second Christmas in his existence.  He was only the size of a full stop in my tummy last year, but this is his first 'out of body' experience. :)

     William had to go to work, but luckily only till 3:30 pm.  And if Seth were older it would probably have been more of a big deal, but since Seth didn't even know today was a Wednesday, let alone the greatest day in Kid-dom, he was just missing daddy like he always does. :)

     While William was at work, Seth and I went with my in-laws to Nicola's sister's out in the country side.  It was a gorgeous day, and all the plants and beautiful scenery where breathtaking.  And the garden at that house, my gosh, how do they have time to keep it?  I'm so jealous!  I can't keep a window box from being overtaken, let alone a decent garden area!

     While we were there, I got to both show Seth off to his cousins meeting him for the first time, and also get a bit of a break from being his main pack horse.  It was a rather vain attempt though.  I am so used to constantly taking opportunities to clean, or even look after myself when I have a break from Seth, it was hard to actually relax.  I just sat stiff in a chair mentally repeating "Uh...what...now...?" *Eye-twitch*

     Seth got soooo many cute and very needed presents.  He loves his new Hairy McClary book from Grandad, and penguin Puppet from Nana, and also a great toy phone from his Uncle that lights up.  Better that than the bare lightbulbs the little stinker loves to stare at!

     After all that though, it was back home to watch a Spongebob Christmas special and a Christmas Story while cuddling William. Seth gloriously napped.  

It was a beautiful Christmas, and I loved it.


0 comments:

Post a Comment


up